Actor Framework Update.vi

I have been working on a tutorial named Hands on actor framework where the project was created for you. There is a pdf file that walks you  through creating functionality but there seems to be problems. I am trying to add control logic for the process and control values in the level controller .lvclass.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17193

in this project I don't see a parent update.vi for level controller.lvclass.

Hi,

you might find your answer page 9 and 10 of the document:

Page 9 you will find the hierarchy of the framework. Notice that the LevelController.lvclass is a child of the TimedLoopController.lvclass

Page 10 you are asked to create a Uptade method from the dynamic dispatch template for the timed loop controller class

I think you either forgot to create TimedLoopController.Update() as I Method for dynamic dispatch (which can be solved as described by Mike and Me) or you forgot to define LevelController.lvclass as child from TimedLoopController.

I hope this help :)

• I followed the steps closely and went back and checked them again. I am having trouble on step 14 page 15. Also I do not see an Update.vi in the actor.lvclass which I believe is the parent method.

Hey thanks for the help I noticed the inheritance comes down through the timed loop and the update,vi there was not saved as dynamic dispatch. It fixed it.

I am glad I could help.

On a more general note, your actor.lvclass is the topmost parent. However, you can also define methods for dynamic dispatch in its child which would be overriden (I am not sure of the correct terminology in english) by its grand childs. This is what is done in this example. 

Good luck with the tutorial