GPS Library

thecapitalizt

You might want to search the Info-LabVIEW archives for both messages and code. Here is an old library for LV 3.0

http://www.info-labview.org/the-archives/vi/lv3.0/

On that page look for: gps_nmea.zip and gps_nmea.txt

Don't know how well written it is, but it might be a good start. If you improve it, remember to share back with both Info-LabVIEW and the LAVA forums here. Good luck.

hahahahaahahahah ohhh what a twist of fate this is. I go from it complaining that the one from NI is too new, to this one which is too old to convert. I however found a version on the site for labview 5 that does work. It looks a bit too complex for me (i'm just a high school student with almost no programming experience!). I might drop back to my fallback plan which is to switch my GPS to text mode, where it dumps out the time, lat and long only in ascii format, and from there have it parse the output. I'll probably have a bunch of questions since i'm starting from nowhere, but at least this is a start! Again, thanks a lot for the help.

The site of our fuel cell car project is DHS Fuel Cell Project