Advantech 1730 mass confusion

Ducc

Hi, I'm a newbie at IO programming, but I'd really like to learn. I was given an Advantech PCI-1730 to play with, but I'm having trouble understanding the concepts involved with making it control a relay.

The card came with a few examples, but they all eventually lead to subvi's that link to C code, which I can't find. It makes it horribly annoying to learn from. I know how to send GPIB or VISA commands to a machine, but this doesn't seem to support any similar commands (unless I just can't find them).

My question is, what should I read? What website should I start at? Does anyone have any tips on programming this card to control a circuit?

Thanks for any help!

-James

Hi, I'm a newbie at IO programming, but I'd really like to learn. I was given an Advantech PCI-1730 to play with, but I'm having trouble understanding the concepts involved with making it control a relay.

The card came with a few examples, but they all eventually lead to subvi's that link to C code, which I can't find. It makes it horribly annoying to learn from. I know how to send GPIB or VISA commands to a machine, but this doesn't seem to support any similar commands (unless I just can't find them).

My question is, what should I read? What website should I start at? Does anyone have any tips on programming this card to control a circuit?

Thanks for any help!

-James

3323[/snapback]

Based on the website:

http://www.advantech.com/support/detail_li...del_id=PCI-1730

It looks like it has LabVIEW drivers. What's the problem?

Because I don't even understand how I should wire the card.

For instance, there is an example that reads the input (I think). If I stick a wire in the first hole and a wire in the ground hole, and then short the two, the example shows bit one going to high. I have no idea why. I can light an LED with it.

But if I wanted to control whether or not the ground goes to high, how would I do that? How can I control the LED?