How to identify and reuse a pipe reference from Open System Command in another vi

Hi,

is it possible to store and reuse the stdin & stdout pipe references from OGPIPE's Open System Command in a seperate VI.

I initially used the pipeNight.vi which was shared in the forums.ni.com post and is included in the attachment.

pipeNight.vi calls an executable via the command line i/p, which in my case establishes a usb connection to the UUT, writes and reads, the tears the USB connection down again.

As i wish to run my tests via NI-TestStand, thus calling a VI for each Test Step. This results in establishing and tearing down a USB connection for every command i wish to send.

Ideally - i'd like to have at the beginning of the Test Sequence - open the pipe, establishing a USB connection. then run a series of Test Steps, sending commands and matching of the return string, before finally ending the Command session - tearing down the usb,

So - i've attempted to split the pipeNight.vi into 3 vi's. (see attachment)

The process ID from OGPIPE Open System Command - i can reenter in the OGPIPE Kill Process.

But i'm stuck with how to get the stdin & stdout pipe references from the OGPIPE Open System Command to the OGPIPE Write To Pipe & Read From Pipe functions...

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions for alternative solutions.

cheers

Kech

breakdown of pipeNight.vi.zip