Structure's tunnels don't change datatype when changing class inheritance?

We're trying to simplify the class inheritance structure at work to decrease loading times. I've run into a strange problem as I change the inheritance of some classes.

I've noticed that sometimes class wires break when crossing across structures. My suspicion is that while the constants and terminals are being updated with the new inheritance information, somehow the tunnels are not.

When I delete the tunnel and reconnect all the wires across structures, then everything's fine.

Has anyone seen something similar to this before? Any way to avoid the problem? I've only changed a few inheritances so far and fixing all the errors related to this is quite repetitive and mindless.

Thanks.

post-27258-0-06059400-1391413772.png

I see it on occasion but I can't tell you for the life of me when exactly it occurs except that with VI Server References coupled with case structures and shift registers. Sometimes the rules for deciding which actual data type the wire is seem to be a bit backwards (It retains old types even though the only definitive source has changed).

• Like 1