Does anyone else notice massive slow-down with the Error List when there are lots of errors?

Sometimes when I'm working with LVOOP, I'll break a class. When this happens, I could potentially end up with hundreds of errors - for example, if I've broken an Actor Core.vi.

Sometimes when this happens, I want to look at the list of errors to see what's going on. But in these cases, loading the error list window can take a long time (minutes). Then once it's loaded, it seems like it's refreshing / updating itself rapidly with new errors, so the interface gets locked.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any workarounds?

• 2 weeks later...

Have I experienced this? - Yes, I'm experiencing it all the time. Break single dynamic dispatch VI in large hierarchy of classes, and you'll see never-ending list of errors. Try to fix this VI with this list open, you'll experience never-ending updates on the error list. I find it especially annoying when using quick drop. For some reason, when you have error list open and use ctrl+space, the list would be refreshed again, and again, and again... before actually opening the quick drop window. And then the same when you'd try to make any operation, like removing piece of code.

The only workaround I have so far is good hardware (I think SSD is the key factor here). It is possible that disconnecting compiled code from VIs helps, but I don't have enough evidence for that (I've just started to use this option together with a new computer, so I'm not sure if disconnecting code actually helps in this case).