Vision Acquisition Unknown Errors

I am trying to resurrect some old hardware and am running into some unknown errors.  I will try to fully describe my setup and steps I've tried and would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on how to fix my situation.

The old hardware:

Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 MCE PCI Dual Tuner card

PULNiX TM-7CN Monochrome CCD camera

An important note is that I know that the card and camera work because I can run them on my ~10 year old home-built PVR and watch a live image using my old BeyondTV software.  I am not using this old computer with LabVIEW, however, so I moved the PCI card to a new computer which is where I get the errors.

The PC I am using is a brand new, home-built Intel Core i7-based PC with Windows 7 Pro.  When installing the Hauppauge card, Windows recognizes and installs the card automatically.  I have LabVIEW 2013 with most toolboxes installed on this computer including the latest version of most hardware drivers.  The Hauppauge card also automatically shows up in NI-MAX v5.5.1f0 under Devices and Interfaces > NI-IMAQdx Devices.  Because the card has two tuners on it, both show up as separate NI-IMAQdx devices:  "cam0 : Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capt" and "cam1 : Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capt".  The camera is attached to the Hauppauge card through the composite video connector.

NI-MAX errors

For cam0, I set the "Video Switch" Source to Composite and leave all other settings as their default values.  Then I try either the "Snap" or "Grab" buttons at the top of the MAX window, and I get an error:

Error 0x80040217

The error code passed into imgShowError is unknown.

NI Vision Builder AI errors

After opening NI Vision Builder 2013, I double-click "My Computer" in the main window, then select "Acquire Image (1394, GigE, or USB)".  This brings up a list of devices and both Hauppauge tuners show up on the list.  I select the first device, check under Attributes that the video source is properly set to Composite, and then try both "Acquire Single Image" and "Acquire Continuous Images".  Both of these buttons bring up the same error:

The specified image acquisition device could not be initialized properly.

%s

NI Vision Assistant

After opening NI Vision Assistant, I go to aquire an image.  This brings up the same settings as the Vision Builder.  When I try to aquire an image, I get the error:

The specified image acquisition device could not be initialized properly.

Error -2147220969 occurred at an unidentified location
This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons.  For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX.  For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-2147220969) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x80040217).

LabVIEW 2013 64-bit

Interestingly, in preparing this post, I have discovered that my simple VI now works with no errors!  I don't know what I changed, but I used to get an error.  I'm attaching the VI to this post - it simply opens an IMAQdx session, Snaps an image, then closes the session.

So my specific questions are:

1)  Why are NI MAX, Vision Builder, and Vision Assistant throwing errors when LabVIEW is not and how can I track down the source of these errors?

2)  Does anyone have a sense for whether these errors are anything to worry about?  If I keep building LabVIEW code around this simple one that works, am I just wasting my time because I'll eventually hit the same error that the other programs have?

Thanks for the help and advice!

IMAQLicenseTest_loop.vi