Interactive Command line?

I'm new so this may be my ignorance showing. How can I call an external program ( a PuTTY SSH session) and see and process the replies?

I have tried System Exec.vi but it only allows me to set the input lines beforehand and then throws them all at the program. After the session exits I can see the whole result. This is not so useful. I need to wait/parse the remote prompt before issuing the next line of input.

Thanks in advance. Pete

I'm new so this may be my ignorance showing.  How can I call an external program ( a PuTTY SSH session) and see and  process the replies?

I have tried System Exec.vi but it only allows me to set the input lines beforehand and then throws them all at the program.  After the session exits I can see the whole result.  This is not so useful.  I need to wait/parse the remote prompt before issuing the next line of input.

Thanks in advance. Pete

3976[/snapback]

If you are on linux, you can use a pipe to communicate with plink (PuTTY Link - a derivative of putty). On windows, some folks are working on supporting pipes from LabVIEW. Nothing working, of production quality, yet.