No Copy/Paste in subpanel control if property TipStrip written

ensegre

So, after hours trying to pinpoint an UI bug, I've narrowed it to this: I have a main VI inserting a subpanel and calling it like this

post-28229-0-67260700-1423757900.png

while the supbanel may decide to change the tip strip of one of its controls:

post-28229-0-13045600-1423757923.png

It's obviously pointless to rewrite the same property every 100ms, that was the unspotted mistake of my original UI. Skipping whether that was dumb or not, here is the weird fact: if the tip strip property is written, cut/copy/paste into any of the subpanel controls using Ctrl-C/X/V won't work, no form of them (all content, selection, at the insertion point). Only Shortcut Menu/Copy Data & Paste Data work, on the whole content of the control, and, in linux, 2nd-button mouse inserts regularly the X selection. If, say, text background color is written instead, copy/paste is ok; I didn't try extensively other properties.

Can this be called a bug or is it just a worthless idiosincracy? I've tested these snippets on linux, but observed the original bug which led me here on windows as well.

SimplePanel.vi

UncopiableContainer.vi

Edited by ensegre