Programmatic Replacement of missing Polymorphic instances

ak_nz

Hi gang,

I am in the process of re-structuring a large application to minimise dependencies. The approach taken is to break the application up into buildable components. One of the consequences of this is that many VIs, when moved to another component, are missing SubVIs, including some polymorphic instances. They need to be replaced with versions that are now located in these built components (lvlibps)

I have been able to fairly easily write a scripting tool to locate missing SubVIs and replace them from a search folder but have struggled with polymorphic instances. While I can replace the polymorphic VI itself easily (eg. "Poly Convert.vi") , it appears as if I cannot retrieve the "missing" instance that was used (eg. "To int32" is the missing selected instance); thus I am unable to correctly set the right instance after replacing the VI.

Any ideas? I have many hundreds of polymorphic instances to replace in this project and am not looking forward to the menial work otherwise...

EDIT: An example of what I am trying to replace attached

post-27534-0-56179900-1424314681.png

Edited by ak_nz