quirk, cross platform timers lag

I just ran into this oddity, which might lead me to revise a little a logger of mine. Now, I know of two easy ways of getting a number of seconds from LV:

post-28229-0-37389900-1436890344.png

The doc is not too eloquent about the high resolution one and its cross-platform implementation, it only says "with 14 digits of precision after the decimal separator". Which would imply, if the representation is double, a span of only something like 100 sec, and this seems not the case (something like 14 significant figures and us resolution instead might be it).

What is a quirk is that, if I convert the numbers in linux I get exactly the same time of the day, just a difference of 66 years and a day, not under windows, at the very least on just two machines I have tried. Hence under linux I could use the high precision timer to provide an useful 24h clock too, under windows not. The doc warns that the former is "relative" and "short time", true.

post-28229-0-95816900-1436890068.png post-28229-0-75795100-1436890080.png

I think I remember some discussion about, haven't searched yet. I think I was sort of aware that the two OSs use a different time structure for storing the system clock, which is probably exploited differently.

ETA: yeah, https://lavag.org/topic/16198-timestamp-behavior/#entry98843 and http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7900/en/ , but they don't explain the 24107 days difference.

ETA2: uhm, 1/1/1970 - 1/1/1904 = 24107 days...

Edited by ensegre