LabVIEW 7.1 help newbies

I would like to get started with LabVIEW myself, however the first task that my boss wants me to do is to control the Tektronix TDS 210 scope that we have in school. I would appreciate anyone who provides a detailed procedure of how to control the scope . Because I don't know much about LabVIEW at this point in time, I don't have any idea of complex stuff in LabVIEW. Example: step 1: install driver for scope.... So

Thanks in advance!

I have installed LabVIEW 7.1 and I have a couple of questions:

1) I never saw the execution target each time I start up LabVIEW (wonder: if I didn't do a proper installation)

2) Do I need to install other required software such as NI-VISA, VISA full, VISA run-time in order to use instrument drivers

3) As I was trying to use Instrument I/O Assistant I could be able to talk to the scope, however the box named "code generation type" is grayed (disabled). And each time I run another command I got the same error "Timeout expired before execution completed, VISA status code bfff0015", the status code is the same but it's different on other computers

• 3 months later...
I have installed LabVIEW 7.1 and I have a couple of questions:

1) I never saw the execution target each time I  start up LabVIEW (wonder: if I didn't do a proper installation)

2) Do I need to install other required software such as NI-VISA, VISA full, VISA run-time in order to use instrument drivers

3) As I was trying to use Instrument I/O Assistant I could be able to talk to the scope, however the box named "code generation type" is grayed (disabled). And each time I run another command I got the same error "Timeout expired before execution completed, VISA status code bfff0015", the status code is the same but it's different on other computers

4212[/snapback]

Hi Leviephong,

Try this tutorial from :book:http://www.ni.com/swf/presentation/us/signalexpress hope this helps.

:thumbup: :beer:

Iqbal