Multiple events and subplanels

Greetings,

I am trying to figure out the best way tu use dynamic events for the following application, or if a dynamic event is even the way to go. I am running a subvi in a subpanel which is on a tab control. When the tab with the subpanel is pushed, the subvi is called and I pass some values to the sub vi by calling the subvi control references and writing to them with property nodes. What I want to happen is when a button is pushed in the subvi it activates an event in the top level program. I feel like this should be done with dynamic events. I have been going through the lab view examples for dynamic restering event with the moving of the cards and the dynamic load example but I have not been successfull in applying this to what I am doing.

From what I have been reading I need to pass my sub.vi the reference for the event but in this case I am not exactly sure how to do that with the subpanel. I can create a dummy control. It is quite possible that the answer is rigth in front of me and I am not seeing it...

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated. Examples welcomed....

Thank you all!!!!

:headbang:

DAK