LV 7 CPU performance

michal

Hi,

I use LV 7 to control experiment and DAQ on 266MHz PII with 96MB RAM / Win98 OS.

LV program controls rotation stage motion (In- and Out-port functions) and No. of counts reading from C/T

on DAQ board. No. of counts is sent via Notifier to parallel loop taking care of data display and writing to file.

Motion of motor and counter run sequentially.

The lowest possible level DAQ functions are used.

In the course of program run, in upredictable intervals, the program 'freezes' for couple of seconds, then continues and

freezes again.

Do you know what the recommended CPU performance is to be able to run LV 7 smoothly - I suspect the insufficient

CPU performance is source of this problem.

Thanx

Michal

Hi Michal:

I suspect that CPU performance is at most part of the problem. More likely the weakness of Windows as a real-time operating system.

Take a look at the disucssion by myself and others in this thread:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...976&hl=priority

and see if perhaps it helps a little. (Of course faster processors are always better, but my bet would be that the fastest processor around won't fully solve the problem, which I suspect lies in W98. Windows XP might be a little better, but it still is weak for real-time work.

Hope to have helped a little, Best Regards, Louis

Download File:post-949-1160069447.vi