Navigation Keys in Table

Hi Geeth:

I don't know offhand if the issues related to table navigation referred to in the 1998 message have been addressed or not-- I'm pretty sure not.

There is, however a new tool which might be very helpful for working around the problem-- the event structure could be used to capture the keystrokes and handle them as desired. I think this is new since the 1998 message was written.

Perhaps someone has already written an example that they could share :question: But if not it would be fairly straightforward (but somewhat time consuming) to write the code to trap all the arrow keys and handle them using the event structure.

It might also be possible and perhaps easier to embed an excel spreadsheet into the vi. I'm not a heavy user of OLE, but perhaps someone else has done that too.

Hope you get a more helpful response from others, but if not, think about using the event structure.

Best Regards, Louis

at least if you want to limit the elements to numeric here is a first approach:

post-253-1112940223.png?width=400

It doesn't limit everything (e.g. multiple decimal points, minus in the middle of the number, exponential format,...). But if the value isn't valid when you remove the focus (value changed) the entered text is corrected.

To get a full value-element into the table, I'm still working (and chewing) on it.

To use the arrow keys use the event structure with the "Key Down?" event. there is an output terminal "VKey". It gives you an enum-element to the special key pressed (Enter, Arrow up/down, F1, Alt,...).

I agree with you that the table could get an update, allowing custom elements, like numeric, rings, boolean,...

Didier

[Edit] Picture updated