Relative Time on X-Axis Change

It used to be in LabVIEW 6.1 you could format the x-axis to be relative time. The user could then enter in a time in seconds on the x-axis and have it automatically format to hh:mm:ss. For example, an entry of 100 would be displayed as 1:40. In LabVIEW 7.1, an entry of 100 is displayed as 100:00:00.

Is there a way to make 7.1 behave like 6.1 when entering a time in seconds on a graph axis?

It used to be in LabVIEW 6.1 you could format the x-axis to be relative time. The user could then enter in a time in seconds on the x-axis and have it automatically format to hh:mm:ss. For example, an entry of 100 would be displayed as 1:40. In LabVIEW 7.1, an entry of 100 is displayed as 100:00:00.

Is there a way to make 7.1 behave like 6.1 when entering a time in seconds on a graph axis?

4701[/snapback]

You don't mention which graph or chart control you're using, so I tried them all.

The following controls do not display for me "100:00:00" when I enter "100" onto either the start or end "xx:xx:xx" labels. They instead go back to their original label displayed.

Waveform chart

Waveform graph

XY graph

Intensity chart

Intensity graph

So right off, I can't duplicate the behavior you're describing, but entering a number into one of the labels it must be formatted correctly to make it work... i.e., the user must enter a number of the form XX:XX:XX instead of an integer (the crux of what you're saying probably, and not what you want).

To answer your question in short, I think the answer is no. A very easy workaround though (which of course may not be optimal for you) is wiring an integer control to the property node for the graph or chart's XScale.Maximum property. If the user enters the number of seconds and that value is passed to the XScale.Maximum property, it will be automatically converted as desired and displayed in xx:xx:xx format for your chart.