Quickly create local variable from property node or vice versa

I'd like to know how to quickly create a local variable from a property node or vice versa. 

I know it can be done by either right clicking on the terminal and selecting Create/ Local Variable.  It can also be done by creating a local variable from the menus and then assigning it to the correct control.

In practice, if I have a property node of a given control and I want to make a local variable right next to it, the I 1) right click on the property node and select Find/ Terminal, then 2) right click on the terminal and Create/ Local Variable, then 3) Navigate with my Local Variable back to where I started.  I'd like a faster way.

For example, if there's a local variable I want to duplicate, I can just hold down control and left click & drag to get another local (already assigned to the same control).  Is there something similar to make local variables from property nodes and vice versa?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.  That's it.  Thanks.  The NI Week presentation goes into the needed detail and "teaches me to fish." 

I've still got a few projects in older versions (as far back as Labview 2011).  Any advice for versions older than 2015?

Edited by Casey

You could just gut out the main scripting code and put it into something like the Scripting Springboard NormK has posted. Instead of a right click you select the property nodes or local variables and click a floating button that will execute the scripting routine on those objects.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-APIs-Blog/Automating-LabVIEW-Development-with-the-Scripting-Springboard/ba-p/3475829

You could also just make a quick drop shortcut. quick drop itself uses a method (can't remember the name) to pop an item onto your mouse cursor. You could take the scripting code from the right click tool, look for any property nodes, and if you find one add a local variable onto the mouse pointer. 
https://labviewartisan.blogspot.com/2012/11/getting-started-with-custom-quick-drop.html