Slow/broken remote debugging

pktl

Hello everyone,

I encountered an error that only happens when running my application as an executable with actual hardware connected. So I compiled the executable with the debugging enabled and set the vi server's port to 3371.

I can discover and connect with the application just fine with both LabVIEWs built in "Operate - Debug Application or Shared Library" and desktop execution trace toolkit.

But: Debugging is extremely slow to the point of being unresponsive for 10s of seconds.
When probing a wire, the probe window doesn't update after some seconds. When using DETT, it just blocks for 10 seconds or more before it receives anything and doesn't update properly as well.

I'm connecting through a dedicated 1 Gbps wire. There is only one router in between and nothing else is connected to it. So hardware shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have any ideas what might cause this?

Edit: The remote machine has two network adapters. Connecting the other one fixes the problem... 🤔

Edited by pktl
  • 11 months later...

Hi, 

I have a similar case when debugging on remote sites (USA or Asia from Europe). In my case, it takes 15 to 30minutes to get the control on the remote application. I opened a thread on NI forum but the answer wasn't satifying (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Slow-remote-debug/m-p/3751311). Maybe in your case would it speed up the debug process.

Best regards

Jean-Daniel