Context menu for subVIs

The ability to have options in a subVI's right-click menu which affect the subVI's execution, similar to Add\Remove Inputs in growable functions or to the Compare Aggregates option of an Equal? function or to the list option of a polymorphic subVI (except not as a list, but as an option in the menu).

For example, the ability to set a LV2 global as being read or write like you would a regular global, without having to wire anything into or implementing additional code inside.

This should also, potentially, have an option to change the VIs icon.

The ability to have options in a subVI's right-click menu which affect the subVI's execution

4805[/snapback]

Like what options? The options that are normally accessed via the Execution section of the VI's options?

For example, the ability to set a LV2 global as being read or write like you would a regular global, without having to wire anything into or implementing additional code inside.

This should also, potentially, have an option to change the VIs icon.

4805[/snapback]

Why are moding enums inadequate for this task? Your suggestion does not seem clear to me.

I would agree on editing the icon though... perhaps right clicking and being able to pull up the properties for that subVI... I would definitely second that :thumbup:

I have wanted to do that many a time and have to double click into the subVI, then pull up the options or double click the icon.

Like what options? The options that are normally accessed via the Execution section of the VI's options?

Why are moding enums inadequate for this task?  Your suggestion does not seem clear to me.

4818[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I thought I was clear.

I wasn't referring to the VI properties (although that would also be nice), but to things that would have effect inside the code itself, similar to the example I gave, where a popup menu option affects the function.

There is nothing wrong with enums, but when you use a local, for example, you right click it and select Read or Write and its icon changes. I would like to have similar functionality - I set a right click option, and in my code I determine what to do when this option has been set, so for the LV2 example, You right click and change instead of using an enum.

I'm sure there are functions which would benefit more from this, but in the end, you're right, it's basically just another interface for what we currently have.