Case structure keeps going back to numbers

I apologize in advance for my vocabulary; I'm not foreign, I just don't know what to call stuff.

I have a case structure inside a loop (state machine), with the case selector wired to a list of available cases (you know, the dropdown box thing that everyone uses for state machines). I had Initialize, Clear Data, Run and Save Data in that list and the case structure showed the names at the top. Everything is good.

Then I added "No Event" to the list and all of the sudden the case structure switched from names to numbers. So I undid what I just did to go back to the names, and this time I manually added the case to the case structure's list. The case appeared in red (is this bad?) but at least the name is written out.

I can't get the list to include "No Event" (or anything) without the case structure going back to numbers. Is there a limit on the number of cases you can include before it only shows numbers?

(um, I just put quotes around “No Event” when I placed it in the list. It didn’t go to zero but it didn’t show up in the case structure either. So I deleted the quotes and it worked. What’s up with this?)

II have a case structure inside a loop (state machine), with the case selector wired to a list of available cases (you know, the dropdown box thing that everyone uses for state machines). I had Initialize, Clear Data, Run and Save Data in that list and the case structure showed the names at the top. Everything is good.

4824[/snapback]

I assume you are refereing to an ENUM type

Then I added "No Event" to the list and all of the sudden the case structure switched from names to numbers. So I undid what I just did to go back to the names, and this time I manually added the case to the case structure's list. The case appeared in red (is this bad?) but at least the name is written out.

I can't get the list to include "No Event" (or anything) without the case structure going back to numbers. Is there a limit on the number of cases you can include before it only shows numbers?

(um, I just put quotes around