Cubix & MobileDAQ

Was looking through the LabVIEW BETA program site and came across an interesting item. It's listed as Cubix Pilot. I googled "Cubix National Instruments" and came up with this link:

http://seniord.ee.iastate.edu/projects/current/may2005.html

National Instruments (NI) has created a very small, modular computer system called Cubix that will run programs created with NI
Was looking through the LabVIEW BETA program site and came across an interesting item. It's listed as Cubix Pilot. I googled "Cubix National Instruments" and came up with this link:

http://seniord.ee.iastate.edu/projects/current/may2005.html

Interesting stuff...

I also noticed that on that same page there is another project involving "mobileDAQ".

4860[/snapback]

Good eye Michael!

And a picture just big enough to make everyone VERY curious.

Barrie

post-658-1117118517.jpg?width=400

Well, if you consider that the dimensions as stated are 1.5" square, it's very small. I like it.

4867[/snapback]

Oh yeah! I want one!

I found it curious that the link said that NI had developed it, but the implementation/application was contracted to Iowa State.

NI wasn't kidding when they coined the phrase "LabVIEW Everwhere"

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This QBX system was presented and demonstrated by Erik Goethert at the Boston Labview user group meeting yesterday. I love it. A flexible and practical platform. I hope a good variety of DAQ squares get released in this form factor. Now I can branch into developing tiny smart instruments and still use Labview.

Mike Ashe, nice meeting you at the Labview meeting. I forgot to mention in our conversation -- thank you for helping people so much on this forum and on Info-Labview!

This QBX system was presented and demonstrated by Erik Goethert at the Boston Labview user group meeting yesterday. I love it. A flexible and practical platform. I hope a good variety of DAQ squares get released in this form factor. Now I can branch into developing tiny smart instruments and still use Labview.

Mike Ashe, nice meeting you at the Labview meeting. I forgot to mention in our conversation -- thank you for helping people so much on this forum and on Info-Labview!

Doggone it Joe, you beat me to the post :2cents:

I agree, I loved it too, and thank you for the compliment. Info-LabVIEW and the people on it helped me out a lot when I was starting out, I try to "pass it forward".

QBX and embedded LabVIEW is great stuff. I wish we could say more but we were asked and agreed not to for now until it is released. I didn't get a firm date, but I don't think I/we will have to wait for Christmas stockings. It was really neat to hold one in my hand. I downloaded the papers Michael (the other Michael...) pointed to and got really excited. NI did not announce QBX before the seminar, so when they told us there it was a pretty nice bonus for the day.

Cheers all,

Mike