USB 6009 Simultaneous AIO

pushD

Hi all

Im just beginning programming the USB 6009 with DAQmx and I am new to both.Could someone please clarify if its possible to program the device for simultaneous (analog)input and (analog)output with one VI and display both(input AND output) waveforms on two separate graphs of the same VI?

Iam generating a sine wave and outputting it on say,AO 0.AO 0 is connected to say AI 0.Can we design a VI which will simultaneously generate(on AO 0) and acquire continuously on AI 0?

Any help would be appreciated

thanx

Pushkar

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all

Im just beginning programming the USB 6009 with DAQmx and I am new to both.Could someone please clarify if its possible to program the device for simultaneous (analog)input and (analog)output with one VI and display both(input AND output) waveforms on two separate graphs of the same VI?

Iam generating a sine wave and outputting it on say,AO 0.AO 0 is connected to say AI 0.Can we design a VI which will simultaneously generate(on AO 0) and acquire continuously on AI 0?

Any help would be appreciated

thanx 

Pushkar

4890[/snapback]

Hi PushD,

Try looking at the examples which were loaded with the driver installation. I am doing a small project using the same DAQmx and found it to be very nice device :thumbup: with LabVIEW drivers and examples. If you send me your sample code I can fix it up for you or at least try to make is better.

:)

Iqbal

sure,

take a look at the cont. AI and the cont. AO examples.

copy both block diagrams into one vi, then you have 2 paralell while-loops (i guess) which you maybe want do stop via an occurence (?) and you have a simultanous AI/AO vi ...

cheers,

CB