DAQ 6024E error 10401

jess05

:headbang:

PLEASE HELP!!!

:headbang:

I've spent the last 2 weeks working on this program and it works perfectly on my main laptop (LV 6.1, windows 2000) buy when i loaded it onto the laptop (LV 6.1, windows 98) we will be using for testing, i keep getting error 10401 -

"NI-DAQ LV: the specified device is not a national instruments product, the driver does not support the device ( for example the driver was released before the device was supported0, or the device has not been configured using the Measurment & Automation explorer"

this is what I have done:

- restarted the computer

- reinstalled the correct driver (7.1, according to the NI website)

- run test panels in MAX

- checked to make sure the device numbers match ( in the vi and MAX)

these are all of the suggestions which i could gather from the NI website, and I couldn't find anything in the forum about this problem, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I would like to get rid of the error or just disable the error notification - because the program works fine - but we cannot close the error message from a distance.

thank you in adavnce to anyone who can help!

jess

Download File:post-2309-1118065467.zip

I would like to get rid of the error or just disable the error notification - because the program works fine - but we cannot close the error message from a distance.

jess

4941[/snapback]

Hi jess and happy birthday today :) You didn't give much instruction as to where exactly the error occurs. Looking at your files, I'm guessing that "mouse controls5(jp).vi" is your main program...

There are a few options if all you need to do is cancel the error notification popup. If the error occurs early on in your acquisition and needs to be ignored, I would recommend using the General Error Handler.vi and giving it an exception code 10401 with the option to "cancel error on match". In fact, what I would probably do if I were you would be to add the "no dialog" to the General Error Handler.vi that is currently at the end of your acquisition chain. I would then add the "cancel error on match" and the "10401" code so that all error 10401's are cancelled. This would make sure that 1) No errors result in a poup dialog and 2) Error 10401, which you have already deemed irrelevant, is never displayed. The last thing I would make sure to do however would be to make an error indicator on the front panel, connected to the Error Out of the General Error Handler.vi. This will make sure the user is aware of any other errors besides 10401 while ensuring that there are no unforseen popups from the general error handler that can't be closed remotely.