Window Mouse Control Routines

This post is generated from the Info-LabVIEW post query about mouse control.

Here are some VI's that allow mouse control via User32.dll under Windows.

These are not written by me: But from the horde of LabVIEW Vi's I've collected over the years. If original authors have issues with this post - please contact me.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

jh@labuseful.com

Download File:post-37-1120065916.vi

Download File:post-37-1120065932.zip

Download File:post-37-1120065949.zip

Those are interesting... be careful with that first one though that locks the mouse cursor!!!

With Win2k (probably XP too) you can hit the window key that pulls up the start bar to unlock the mouse. Also with the second ones if you make the mouse invisible it is only invisible over the window that you called the function from.

Here is a VI that I use for moving the mouse. I use it in my express dialog boxes to snap to the default button (really convenient for touchpads) and I also use it other places when it's obvious what the user will do next... snap snap snap. Just pass it the control reference and it will figure out the center of the control and snap the mouse there. It can also return the mouse position before the snap was made (which I never use--hence not connected to the connector pane).

Download File:post-360-1120072879.vi