Serial port: Stopbit settings ... and flowcontrol

Hello to everybody out there,

I'm quite new to Labview, but i did some programming on the serial hardware some years ago (i think it was pascal or so...). I remember i could adjust the stopbit setting to 0 bit, but looking at LabView? I can only choose 1, 1.5 or 2 stopbits, but for my application i need to set 0 stopbits. How to do this? I already tried the property node - its telling me that it is not supported???

The second point related to the flow control settings. For this purpose i used a serial port monitor and linked it to the dedicated port. Using an old DOS program, it tells me the value '0x00' for no handshake/ handshake off - using LabView VISA on the same port, also setting flow control 'off'/ value '0' in the registers of the serial port still a '0x01' is present - the same value as for 'Xon/Xoff'... weird ...

BTW.: the serial ports i'm using are Profilic USB-to-Serial's and they work perfectly - unfortunately i can address the attached devices only by single DOS progs - and i want to get rid of this and use a centralized program (Labview) ...

• 2 weeks later...