Datasocket Read/Write Mode

I'm stumped on a the functionality of the Read/Write mode for the Datasockets Open VI.

I've attached a picture below showing the 2 different methods of opening Datasocket references....In one case, I use the Read/Write mode for DS open, in the other case, I use 2 DS opens: One for READ and another for WRITE. For some reason, only the latter program works properly (when I open READ and WRITE separately). Why is this?

I thought that if the READ/WRITE MODE was used, the output reference can be used with the Datasocket READ and Datasocket WRITE Vi's as shown in Top Vi of picture. Instead, It seems I'm unable to "change" the state of the Datasocket tag using the the Top Vi.

FYI: I'm using DS server manager to create the item. I've also gave proper privileges to each computer so that they can communicate with the DS server. It obviously works since using the bottom VI, I get the desired results.

What am i doing wrong?

Regis

post-127-1121297204.jpg?width=400

• 2 weeks later...
I'm stumped on a the functionality of the Read/Write mode for the Datasockets Open VI. 

I've attached a picture below showing the 2 different methods of opening Datasocket references....In one case,  I use the Read/Write mode for DS open,  in the other case,  I use 2 DS opens: One for READ and another for WRITE.  For some reason,  only the latter program works properly (when I open READ and WRITE separately).  Why is this?

I thought that if the READ/WRITE MODE was used,  the output reference can be used with the Datasocket READ and Datasocket WRITE Vi's as shown in Top Vi of picture.  Instead,  It seems I'm unable to "change" the state of the Datasocket tag using the the Top Vi.

FYI:  I'm using DS server manager to create the item.  I've also gave proper privileges to each computer so that they can communicate with the DS server.  It obviously works since using the bottom VI, I get the desired results.

What am i doing wrong?

Regis

post-127-1121297204.jpg?width=400

5331[/snapback]

Well, got info from NI support:

I looked into this issue a little, and unfortunately I believe that the

readwrite mode for datasocket does not really function as one would expect.

This issue is somewhat addressed at this url:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch...6A?OpenDocument,

but unfortunately I believe that the second method you are using to read

and write to datasocket in the same loop is the one you will need to use.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this issue, or if I

have not answered your question completely.

Regards

Travis Mansfield

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

So i guess the ReadWrite Mode is a totally useless feature (or a bug)...

Regis