Writing to a file

I'm working in Medical domain

Actually User will enter inputs of different datatypes.After entering the inputs the user will press a save button ,pressing the save button , all the values should be entered in a file with row header and column header.

INPUT DATA TYPE

Input 1 integer

Input 2 Alphanumeric

. .

. .

. .

Input n .....

1. I don't know how to write different types of input to a file with column header and row header.

And depending upon the cmd i need to frame the a packet of data (this data includes some(not all) of the data in the file after reading from it)

Pls do the needful

Are you trying to write these input values to an INI file ?

If so we talked about it in this thread.

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...ic=835&hl=openg

5469[/snapback]

Actually i need to write the inputs entered by the user in an excel sheet.

That excel sheet should contain a row header and a column header.

The first user's data should get entered in the 2nd column ,the successive entered data should come in the successive column.

Pls help me as my deadline is very near..

Download File:post-2648-1122875555.doc

Actually i need to write the inputs entered by the user in an excel sheet.

That excel sheet should contain a row header and a column header.

The first user's data should get entered in the 2nd column ,the successive entered data should come in the successive column.

Pls help me as my deadline is very near..

5471[/snapback]

Use Report generation Tool Kit ---- you can find ExcelExamples.llb from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb :!: . For your quick referance i have attached a NI example vi which satisfy requirement, I hope :rolleyes: .

Vijayasiva

Download File:post-182-1123153572.vi

Use Report generation Tool Kit ---- you can find ExcelExamples.llb from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb :!: .  For your quick referance i have attached a NI example vi which satisfy requirement, I hope :rolleyes: .

Vijayasiva

5538[/snapback]

Thanks for ur help.

Can u pls Suggest me how to read that xl sheet.

Thanks And Regards

SupriyaV

Thanks for ur help.

Can u pls Suggest me how to read that xl sheet.

Thanks And Regards

SupriyaV

5539[/snapback]

I don't know how long you are using Labview :headbang: ....since you can easily find the "Read From Spreedsheet file.vi" from Function Palete\ File I/O section. Only you need to wire the file path and required formate of data out......If need more, you can find more help about this vi from Context Help.......

Would it be easier for the user to use Excel directly without a LabView front end?

5548[/snapback]

Depends upon the Application Software what it requires. If your application needs complete automation, doing excel application outside of the applicaton, will be odd to user. I am not sure whether it is easy to use without LabVIEW, but most of the components available in Labview for Excel which makes simple to the end user.