Underline a character wiithin string

abedin

Hi guys... This might sound simple but I just can't solve it.

I'm quite new to labview (just started using it a month ago). I'm trying to put an underline under certain char within a string like a cursor control. I'm using property nodes to make the char bold and underlined. It was working fine before I combine it with other strings.

I just can't figure out what to do. Please help..

Btw, i've attached a portion of my VI. Sorry for my English, I'm still learning.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The display should be like this

TEST 100 VER 1

IND SET RESET TEST

The underline should be under the first char on selected menu.

Download File:post-2482-1124160583.vi

Hi,

When you're using property nodes, you're only affecting how you display the string. Yo are NOT actually modifying the string itself. Thus you're "losing" the underline when you concatenate the strings.

You will therefore need to use the property node for the final string indicator. And to underline character(s) from within the string, you can use the Selection Start/End property. See the following thread for more on this property:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=437

I am attaching the modified example (saved in 7.1.1).

Hope this helps,

-Khalid

Download File:post-311-1124166966.vi

Hi,

When you're using property nodes, you're only affecting how you display the string.  Yo are NOT actually modifying the string itself.  Thus you're "losing" the underline when you concatenate the strings. 

You will therefore need to use the property node for the final string indicator.  And to underline character(s) from within the string, you can use the Selection Start/End property.  See the following thread for more on this property:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=437

I am attaching the modified example (saved in 7.1.1).

Hope this helps,

-Khalid

5664[/snapback]

Thanks Khalid for the fast reply. The underline works but there's another problem. Before that let me discribe the project that i'm on. I'm doing the ANSI escape sequence (VT100) emulation for a very old machine. The machine sends a row/cols sequence like esc[2;5H (meaning row no.2,cols no.5). The underline were supposed to be a cursor under the menu. Now the problem is, everytime the cursor change place, the previous menu selected still underlined. Is there a way to refresh the indicator on receiving new cursor coordinates?

Sorry for my English and thanks again Khalid.

EDIT: It's settled. I just connect an empty string constant to the indicato's property node at the begining of sequence structure(I've use flat sequence structure)