Drag and Drop Files

klessm1

Does anyone know of a way to perform a file drag and drop with multiple files from windows explorer to a LabVIEW treeview? It is so easy in .NET, but LabVIEW seems ignore this function. They have a file drag and drop for path controls. I heard that the next version of LabVIEW allows .NET controls which support file drag and drop, but I know there has to be some way in windows to enable the drop event for the control and get the file drop data into a LabVIEW treeview.

Thanks for any help.

See here and here for some ideas.

6105[/snapback]

I had tried the transparent control right after I sent out this question. The main issue I had with the transparent control approach is that I couldn't find a way to drop multiple files into the control. I belive the drag and drop event for the control looks to see if there are multiple files and doesn't allow a drop. This makes perfect sense because you can only hold one value in a path control. You can drop a folder which will allow you to get all of the files under that folder. So I guess that is some consolation.

Thanks for your help