Temporary reordering of displayed list of cases

WMassey

On a Case Structure it is possible to click on the "case selector label" and see a list of all of the available cases and then select a case from the list. The list, as displayed, is ordered in the order that the cases exist in the case structure.

I would very much like to be able to press some keyboard key (Shift or spacebar or CTRL or whatever) while the list of cases is displayed and have them jump into some logical order like ASCII or alphabetical. It would make finding a particular case in a long list of cases much easier. Note that this would not actually reorder the cases within the structure, it would just reorder the displayed list.

• 2 weeks later...

After having found these forums and having discovered LV scripting a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to give this scripting stuff a try. The result is the attachment to the thread shown below.

Case Structures - Is it possible to set which case is displayed?

The VI allows case structures to be ordered or reordered (for display only, not in fact) and the visible case changed from the reordered list.

While I still think that NI should build something like this in, until they do, this will provide one means of addressing the display/selection problem.