end of scripting?

aart-jan

Although I never got to LV scripting yet, I do know that the "supersecretpropertiesetc" entry in the Labview ini file no longer works in LV8 (duh..). Will this be the end of labview scripting (for now)?

VI's will be approximately 55% smaller in size..read the release notes! How did they do that? What will be the implications?

How do you make a single file out of a project? I didn't figure it out yet.

Sad to hear that scripting is no longer supported in LV8 :( But as long as LV8 is backward compatible, we may be able to use LV 7.1 and do scripting somehow ...

I wouldn't cry for too long. I know scripting is still there. NI just changed the ini keys, that's all. I don't recall what they are but I'm sure someone here can give us a hand...

:D So hacking gurus... U guys have got some work to do...

I seem to remember that those same ini keys worked in at least one of the beta releases. But could have easily been changed for the last beta and changed again for the shipping release.

So we'll probably have to wait until we get real copies to see if can get the keys from that.

Ed