Caption Property Node

decyL

Hi, I'm attempting to create a pop-up window with string control and a OK button. The problem is that I want to have different caption text in different parts of the program. I tried to reach it by writting to the capiton text property node, but such error occurs: In edit mode, LabVIEW cannot return a property for a control part that you have not yet created. So I thought that it could be because the string control is in one loop with the node. I tried many options, for instance to put control in the sequence and the node in the next sequence. Didn''t work. Please give me any clues (the VI is attached). greets.

Download File:post-2956-1130331151.vi

post-2956-1130331746.jpg?width=400

post-2956-1130331756.jpg?width=400

Ya, LabVIEW only instanciates the caption if you actually show it at least once. Perhaps this is to reduce unnecessary memory usage.

Sorry Mike, I don't buy this. Have a look at the VI attached here. Note that if you open the FP of the subVI and run the calling VI once (to populate the control values of the subVI) and then run the subVI itself - it manages to initialize the caption all by itself. That just looks like they only went part of the way through with the change (assuming it was deliberate). I don't care if they initialize it in advance or not, but I don't want to run into problems with upgrading - I just want it to work. Unfortunately, this is still the case in 8.0.