Timeline Graph

Mike Ashe

I have an application that would benifit from a timeline like what you see on a video, audio or animation editor. My first thought is to code it up using a picture control and a lot of code, but I am also looking at ActiveX controls or even open source code that has such an interface.

Has anyone coded up something like this or know where to get ActiveX or open source controls/code?

Thanks!

Either I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for, or the built in indicator-- Controls>Numeric>Horzontal Progress Bar will do the trick. (Found in LV8 menus, don't recall it offhand in earlier versions, but then I havn't looked either.)
Look at an animation application, such as Poser or 3DS Max

post-45-1133226558.jpg?width=400

post-45-1133226660.jpg?width=400

post-45-1133226715.png?width=400

Most keyframe timelines are a combination of a tree control/listbox on the left and a grid type graph on the left that has time along the X axis in discreet "frames" with symbols in the gird boxes to show that a keyframe is set at that point. There are a couple of ways to do this in LabVIEW, the simplist being just a 2D array of booleans, with ON showing a key frame. Thing is I'd like to do a lot more and keep it flexible, so I've already started coding using the picture control.

As I said before, if anyone knows of an ActiveX control that does this or prewritten LV code I'd be interested, otherwise I'll finish V1 in a couple days.