select folder

Hi all!

I would like to use this "directory dialog" in Labview. It's immediate? This is in principle the directory dialog that Windows use to prompt you to select folders...

Users get confused when they use the ordinary file dialog with folder operations...so I woukld like to use this one...

Badwolf

post-1101-1133798321.jpg?width=400

Michael,

I don't think this solves badwolf's problem entirely. I also had this issue few times.

What would be nice is the dialog box, that shows just the directory tree. Not the usual file dialog-box with the additional "Select Folder" button. For some customer (especially when they are not "technocrates") the actual dialog is confusing, since in windoze-world it means selecting/entering a file not a directory.

The folder dialog-box can be opened via Acitve-X, unfortunately I don't remember where it resides.

I don't know about the activeX, and I agree that the way Labview implements this problem presently is confusing at the very least.

I've tried it using .Net, in system.windows.forms there's a constructor for FolderBrowserDialog.

This does have a ShowDialog method, which unfortunately only brings up an empty form....

Hmmm, yes I agree, if the objective is just to list and select folders... I misunderstood. If you search at MSDN you can find the basic OS DLL calls for various dialog boxes. There are various options as to how the dialogs behave, shouldn't take you long to find the combination to do what you want.