Timestamp milisecond change

Mikrobi

Hello

I'm little blind, or more than little - but how could I change miliseconds value in timestamp ?

Days, seconds -- no problem, but miliseconds...?

regards

Mikrobi

Mikrobi,

Perhaps if you elaborate a bit on what you mean...? If you're talking about timestamp controls, indicators, and BD constants, you can context-click and edit their format to display digits to the right of the decimal point. If you're asking about data manipulation, you can add and subtract fractional seconds to timestamp wires using the add and subtract primitives. And if you want to decompose a timestamp into years, months, days, hours, or re-compose one, the 'to' and 'from' Date/Time primitives (sorry I can't remember exact names while I'm away from LV) will give you a 'milliseconds' output or accept a milliseconds input.

Does this answer what you were asking?

Best regards,

Dave

Mikrobi,

Perhaps if you elaborate a bit on what you mean...? If you're talking about timestamp controls, indicators, and BD constants, you can context-click and edit their format to display digits to the right of the decimal point. If you're asking about data manipulation, you can add and subtract fractional seconds to timestamp wires using the add and subtract primitives. And if you want to decompose a timestamp into years, months, days, hours, or re-compose one, the 'to' and 'from' Date/Time primitives (sorry I can't remember exact names while I'm away from LV) will give you a 'milliseconds' output or accept a milliseconds input.

Does this answer what you were asking?

OK forgive me, it was late in Poland :)

I have waveform with measured signal at PC and GPS unit witch send correct time to my PC - with LabVIEW RT.

I have to insert decoded timestamp from GPS to waveforms timestamp - not only year, month, day, but also seconds (it's trivial) and miliseconds. I realy need preciesly time in miliseconds :(

date time rec cluster hasn't milisecond value. So my question is: how to insert programmicaly milisecond value to the timestamp ?

OK forgive me, it was late in Poland :)

I have waveform with measured signal at PC and GPS unit witch send correct time to my PC - with LabVIEW RT.

I have to insert decoded timestamp from GPS to waveforms timestamp - not only year, month, day, but also seconds (it's trivial) and miliseconds. I realy need preciesly time in miliseconds :(

date time rec cluster hasn't milisecond value. So my question is: how to insert programmicaly milisecond value to the timestamp ?

:headbang:

I did it

Thanks a lot David!

As you said:

If you're asking about data manipulation, you can add and subtract fractional seconds to timestamp wires using the add and subtract primitives

:)

I did it

Thanks a lot David!

As you said:

If you're asking about data manipulation, you can add and subtract fractional seconds to timestamp wires using the add and subtract primitives

:)

Mikrobi,

I'm glad you found your solution. And my apologies, :oops: I should make a rule for myself to never post an answer without having LV running on my screen. The "date time rec" cluster which is input/output of the "Seconds to Date/Time" and "Date/Time to Seconds" primitives, DOES NOT include a milliseconds member. This misstatement on my part was my faulty memory talking - long ago I wrote routines which separately manipulated the fractional part of a timestamp.

Happy to be helpful,

Dave