Change Cluster Size for different configration!

zli0022

Hi! Guys,

My name is Ross Liu. I would like to share a little problem with Labview. I have a VI with a cluster used for real measuring data display. I need a cluster size to be changable because I used different configration file with different channels. I would like to know if it is possible to change the cluster size with diffent number of channels data display. I am still using LabVIEW 6.1. Or is there any better way to deal with this case? Many Thanks!!

Ross Liu

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Depending on which purpose you want to show/hide elements in the cluster I see 2 possibilities:

1. If you just need show/hide for cosmetic purposes, get the control refs from your cluster and show/hide the elements. The order of the elements you get with "all controls"-property is the order you placed them into the cluster.

2. If you use the cluster to read/write configfiles (with e.g. openG) then you'll have to build as many clusters as you have possibilities and show/hide only one of them. In the background you'll have to deal which cluster you pass to the inifile.

In LV6 I used some ActiveX-tab control to change between configs

Didier.

Guys,

Thank you very much for your reply. The reason I need variable cluster size (for displaying measuring data) is that there are so many different kind of tests in our lab with different number of channels. I try to design my code (using cluster for dsiplaying the data) to as flexible as possible to include all different case. I will also look at Open G to get better solution. Thank you so much for your help!!

Ross Liu