Read .csv file to XY graph help needed

I've been struggling with what should be very easy. I have a comma seperated value file from another instrument. I need to plot this data for analysis and prefer to use LabView over excel, sigmaplot, etc...

When I open the file with the read from spreadsheet file function I get a 2x10000 dimensional array. In order to use the graph XY function I need to separate the array to two different 1x10000 arrays and then bundle them together and send the bundle to the XY graphing funtion.

Can anyone help me either spit my 2D array into two 1D arrays or give me a different way to go about the problem?

Thanks

I've been struggling with what should be very easy. I have a comma seperated value file from another instrument. I need to plot this data for analysis and prefer to use LabView over excel, sigmaplot, etc...

When I open the file with the read from spreadsheet file function I get a 2x10000 dimensional array. In order to use the graph XY function I need to separate the array to two different 1x10000 arrays and then bundle them together and send the bundle to the XY graphing funtion.

Can anyone help me either spit my 2D array into two 1D arrays or give me a different way to go about the problem?

Thanks

On the Array Palette look for (or search for) the Decimate 1-D Array function. It does what you need by "dealing out" the elements of your big array into two or more smaller arrays.

On the Array Palette look for (or search for) the Decimate 1-D Array function. It does what you need by "dealing out" the elements of your big array into two or more smaller arrays.

It's the 2D array that I need to split. I need a 1D array of "column 0" and another 1D array of "column 1". It looks like the decimate function is only to split a 1D array into smaller subarrays. Am I missing the point?

Thanks!

It's the 2D array that I need to split. I need a 1D array of "column 0" and another 1D array of "column 1". It looks like the decimate function is only to split a 1D array into smaller subarrays. Am I missing the point?

Thanks!

Oops! My Bad!

You simply need the index array function, assuming the data has some reasonable distribution within the 2D array. See the attached VI.

Download File:post-2800-1135039549.vi