Do you GOOP?

At ICON Technologies we use Sciware GOOP Developer for every project. It's faster than the free Endevo GOOP and supports inheritance, which helps us solve a lot of the design problems we used to run into with the other GOOPs. For example, in a recent data logger project we were able to build generic data acquisition and logging modules that each allowed us to use "hot-swappable" objects. Adding another type of acquisition or logging then became as simple as inheriting from the generic data acquisition or logging interface and writing the code to acquire or log the data. The modules handled the rest, and we could swap objects in and out at runtime (very useful for debugging). The result is that we now have a generic logging framework that's very easy to extend to other types of acquisition and logging.

At ICON Technologies, Sciware's Goop Developer is used to develop our company's projects every day. It makes us easier to manage and maintain our code, especially for big project. It provides us the options to generate code like other GOOPs or in its own style. With its virtual function, I felt that the inheritance of Sciware Goop Developer is more close to some other OO programming languages such as JAVA. We can generate a method in parent class and call the method in child class without keep a copy of the same code in child class's directory. I used it with LabVIEW 7.1 to do the coding and felt it is very flexible, helpful and robust. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I am starting to work with the Open G development team on the Goop Libs.

But I don't have a good Idea of how many developers out there use Goop.

I set up this poll to try and get an Idea of where to start.

All the best mballa :thumbup: .

Is it possibile for you to elaborate on the features/improvements that you are trying to provide?

nudalAKasim

• 2 months later...

I started out with NI's GOOP, have used Endevo's on a customer rework project which originally used Endevo. Did a bit of the "roll your own" on a couple of projects.

If there is any way to allow the GOOP poll to use multiple check boxes rather than radio buttons I think it would give a more accurate picture of the GOOP useage.

Overall, my GOOP use has been fairly light in the past, but I expect it to increase significantly this year.

I started out with NI's GOOP, have used Endevo's on a customer rework project which originally used Endevo. Did a bit of the "roll your own" on a couple of projects.

If there is any way to allow the GOOP poll to use multiple check boxes rather than radio buttons I think it would give a more accurate picture of the GOOP useage.

Overall, my GOOP use has been fairly light in the past, but I expect it to increase significantly this year.

My guess is that it will increase around August ;)