LabView 7.1 Web Server questions

Hello Forum! I am not a LabVIEW programmer. I work in an IT department and have been tasked with controlling access to a published VI that, as it is, allows 5 connections, with one controlling. When I say "Controlling Access", what I really mean is allowing a user to "book" the app like a conference room or some other resource. When the app is "booked", the user may control the app during their allotted time, but no longer. Once their time is up, the app should remove control from the user and make them just a viewer.

My question is (though it may not seem that way at first) would there be some way to configure the LabVIEW webserver to do this natively? It would be enormously hellpful to find an existing way to do this before I really get started building the .NET app to control access from scratch?

Thanks,

Adam

There is no built-in way to do this, but you can write code which will do this.

The key to what you want is some Application class properties and methods, namely the Remote Panel>Connection to Clients property and the Remote Panel Client Release Control method.

If you drop property and invoke nodes (in the application control palette) they're configured to the app class by default, so you should have a proble finding them.

Try reading up on them (right click and select help for...) and looking at their structure to see if you can come up with a way to do this. If you can't, come back with what you came up with and with some more details.