Feature Report: Disallow Minimize Window = No taskbar item for window

I was taking screen shots of a running LabVIEW program and dumping them into a MS Word document today and at some point, in switching back to the LabVIEW from the MS Word, I realized that the open subVI window which I was looking for didn't show up in the WinXP taskbar list of open VI windows.

After some investigation I figured out that the subVI in question is setup to programmatically disallow the "minimize window" option and that was what was keeping the window name off the taskbar list.

I wouldn't exactly call this a bug because it sort of makes sense that a taskbar item wouldn't be needed to restore a window if the window couldn't be minimized. But the taskbar items can also be used to bring a window to the front and this ability is effectively denied to us in this situation given the way this was implemented.

Call me greedy but I wish the choice had been left to me about whether or not hide the taskbar window name.