GOOP Options

Hello,

I am investigating the choices for GOOP. As I have seen there are several options:

1. GOOP from NI and ENDEVO. No inheritence.

2. SciWare GOOP. Allows inheritence and polymorphism. Commercial app.

3. OpenGOOP. Allows inheritence and polymorphims. Open source app. Lack of documentation (!?).

4. Other customized libraries, as dqGOOP (!?) ...

What is actually the option that is most used and suported by new versions and documentation?

Thank you,

Mihai PALADE

I use the GOOP Inheritance Toolkit from Endevo. It's commercial and does support inheritance.

Big plus of their product is that they also have a UML modeller which works in close conjunction with the GOOP wizard. It has features like code generation from UML class diagrams to LV-code and reverse engineering from code to UML, which are real time-savers imho.

The GOOP wizard btw is quite feature rich. Things like renaming class methods or entire classes, cloning methods and the class icon editor are al big time-savers for me.

I haven't worked with any of the other options. Last time I looked at OpenGOOP closely there wasn't any inheritance yet though.