help please

Im writing our book inventory to a file and loading (so writing and reading), so i was wondering how would i clear the list at the begging or end of the VI. You know to list start out fresh and any other tips for making a make shift database??

There is no substitue for a dasabase to do database work. I use MySQL (open source) and LabSQL (open source). It works well and is free stuff. Once you know how to use them together LV and MySQL are good tools in your arsenal.

yea the clear list then worked. Im trying make a make shift design using labview so i can learn more labview and don't have to figure out SQL. Its not really a database im just gonna have the user login. After they login they can add a book they have and load the list already present. Once loaded maybe double click to edit. Im using a multicolumn listbox and just trying to figure out what i should do and take tips. Im having problems the listbox options and how to use all of them and thats about all. Figuring it all out besides that. Thanks guys.

• 1 year later...

QUOTE(Nesreen @ Nov 5 2007, 02:21 PM)

Hello , In my program i want to make two front panel one for administrator and another for operator , so how can i do this???

Each VI has a front panel. So perhaps you should make two VIs. Surely you can make more VIs as well... ;)

Cheers,

Tomi

• 3 weeks later...