labview connected to spectrum analyser

yaba

Hi

The first part of my project consist of using labview to connect to the spectrum analyser (R&SFSF) and take a reading from that spectrum.

NB: display the value of frequency or bandwidht from spectrum into the labview for example using a marker. I am new in labview soi need some helps.

No this is the first time I am using the labview> I have already downloaded the R&S driver (ROHDE&SCHWARZ FSP R&S 9kHZ~40GHz) into my labview lib. It is GPIB. I have already started the program which I have attached for u to see. The first program allows me to found the peak value through the marker and also display the graph. I try to modify the program so I can get the max peak value at any time when the frequency shift using RSFSPpeak get value (because at a higher value the frequency is not constant it varies). Let say if i want to take 3 measurements at 8Ghz I will get 3 different max amplitude values and the higher amplitude will be sent into the array. But it does not work and I need help.

NB: Do I need to use a single sweep each time when I take a measurement?

Are you serious?!? Just what part of your project do you need help with? Have you ever used LabVIEW before? Do you need to learn how to program? Do you just need assistance on connecting the R&S spectrum analyser? Have you contacted R&S to see if LabVIEW drivers exist for the model that you've got? Is it an ethernet interface, GPIB, RS232? Either you have to give us more information or you need to seriously consider hiring a System Integrator to help you out...

Download File:post-4215-1140793359.vi

Download File:post-4215-1140793402.vi

No this is the first time I am using the labview> I have already downloaded the R&S driver (ROHDE&SCHWARZ FSP R&S 9kHZ~40GHz) into my labview lib. It is GPIB. I have already started the program which I have attached for u to see. The first program allows me to found the peak value through the marker and also display the graph. I try to modify the program so I can get the max peak value at any time when the frequency shift using RSFSPpeak get value (because at a higher value the frequency is not constant it varies). Let say if i want to take 3 measurements at 8Ghz I will get 3 different max amplitude values and the higher amplitude will be sent into the array. But it does not work and I need help.

I've come back for more.

Group: Member

Member No.: 4215

Years using LV:< 1

Version:LabVIEW 7.1

No this is the first time I am using the labview> I have already downloaded the R&S driver (ROHDE&SCHWARZ FSP R&S 9kHZ~40GHz) into my labview lib. It is GPIB. I have already started the program which I have attached for u to see (SEE ABOVE). The first program allows me to found the peak value through the marker and also display the graph. I try to modify the program so I can get the max peak value at any time when the frequency shift using RSFSPpeak get value (because at a higher value the frequency is not constant it varies). Let say if i want to take 3 measurements at 8Ghz I will get 3 different max amplitude values and the higher amplitude will be sent into the array. But it does not work and I need help.

I am still having the problem doing my project if anyone is able to help me with the problem mention above. I will attach the spectrum analyser driver so you can use for the program.

Thanks