MAX issues

LAVA 1.0 Content

HELP!

I have been using LV 8.0 since the day it was downloadable, and although there are bugs, it has been functioning, until today. When I go into MAX I have the following lines; Data Neighbor hood, Device inerfaces, Scales, Software and remote systems, with nothing under any of them. I read some post at NI boards with various suggestions, tried all, none worked. Called NI and they sent me an app called msiblast.exe which should have allowed me to remove everthing NI. It did not however remove LabView RuntimeEngine 7.1.1. it reported it could not remove (I am paraphrasing). Removed all reference to NI IN regestry, but still runtime 7.1.1 showed up in msiblast, but not add remove programs. Installed Labview 8.0 and device drivers, and to my suprise nothing changed in MAX. Any ideas? NI and myself are all out of them.

HELP!

I have been using LV 8.0 since the day it was downloadable, and although there are bugs, it has been functioning, until today. When I go into MAX I have the following lines; Data Neighbor hood, Device inerfaces, Scales, Software and remote systems, with nothing under any of them. I read some post at NI boards with various suggestions, tried all, none worked. Called NI and they sent me an app called msiblast.exe which should have allowed me to remove everthing NI. It did not however remove LabView RuntimeEngine 7.1.1. it reported it could not remove (I am paraphrasing). Removed all reference to NI IN regestry, but still runtime 7.1.1 showed up in msiblast, but not add remove programs. Installed Labview 8.0 and device drivers, and to my suprise nothing changed in MAX. Any ideas? NI and myself are all out of them.

Well you could download and install the v7.1.1 runtime engine and then subsequently try to uninstall it again.

If this is a WinXP system, is there a recent restore point you could call up? Probably not after all the recent uninstalls.

Short of that, you may need to fire up RegEdit (or for more ease of use get Registry Crawler) and manually go through the system registry removing all references to all instances of anything to do with installed NI software. (backup your registry and create a system restore point first).

As you find keys that refer to NI files on disk make sure that the files are removed as well.

It's a painful process (been there, done that) but it will allow you a fresh start if done completely and correctly**.

**Aye, there's the rub :P

Good luck!

HELP!

Sounds like a corrupted data dir, one trick i have always found to work quite well, is to shutdown max, then goto <NI install path>/MAX/Data and delete everything in it. (move it, as it does contain config info) Restart MAX and it will regenerate the files needed.

Hope that helps

Ant