Example Finder may show in a different language

The Example Finder may show up in a different language.

Somehow, the token that sets the localization settings is getting set for the Example Finder. The 8.0.1 patch may trigger this.

Reported to and confirmed by NI. They have created a bug report and are investigating.

A workaround is to rename the Example Finder "NIExampleFinder.ini" file found at "..\National Instruments\Shared\Example Finder\1.0\BIN". The Example Finder defaults to English if this file is not found.

NI Dev. Zone thread

Ed

UPDATE:

Renaming the ini file may not completely fix this problem. NI support sent me an updated "_exfinder.llb" that explicitly sets the language to English. This file is located in the "Help" directory of the root LabVIEW 8.0 directory. They say they still don't know what caused it, but they do have a plan to fix it if that makes sense.

The updated _exfinder.llb is attached if you happen to run into this problem, but I would only use this if you use the English LabVIEW as it forces the Exmaple Finder to English and ignores the token that normally sets this.

Ed

Download File:post-47-1142269920.llb

Just curious if you installed the 8.0.1 patch and if this is the first time you opened the Finder since then.

Ed

I have to admit, I can't remember so I am not really sure, but I guess, it was in german before the installation of the 8.0.1 patch

Off topic: please give me an english lesson: how can I express in english, that I can not really remeber: google tells me "darkly remember"?

Off topic: please give me an english lesson: how can I express in english, that I can not really remeber: google tells me "darkly remember"?

I use "Vaguely remember"... more often than I did when I was younger, I'm afraid, put perhaps its because I have more to remember now than I did then.

"I think..." or "I seem to recall..." also works.

Best Regards, Louis

I use "Vaguely remember"... more often than I did when I was younger, I'm afraid, put perhaps its because I have more to remember now than I did then.

"I think..." or "I seem to recall..." also works.

Best Regards, Louis

thanks a lot!

how old are you?

I'm 0x22! ;) - and i love the hex-system since I am 0x1d ;)