Close Vi afterwards opened

Hello there, I'm new on this forum. I've used Labview at school, but now I'm using it at work. So I will surelly come here often! :)

I know that's basic, but I just can't do it work. I would like that when a vi is called it would close when it's done running. I've check in the windows appearence and I've check the option "close afterwards if originally opened" but it don't close. am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your help.

The option you mentioned applies only to sub-VIs. If you want to close the main VI, you need to use the "Quit Labview" function, which you'll find in the application control palette. However, this is only advisable for VIs compiled to an .exe file, since it will close down LV entirely and you might even lose some unsaved changes.

Good luck

Guenther

The option you mentioned applies only to sub-VIs. If you want to close the main VI, you need to use the "Quit Labview" function, which you'll find in the application control palette. However, this is only advisable for VIs compiled to an .exe file, since it will close down LV entirely and you might even lose some unsaved changes.

Good luck

Guenther

Is this will only close the .exe file that is running, or il could close other .exe that are running at the same time?