Configuration options for path control browse button?

I am using LV7.1 and have a question about the browse button on a path control.

I can provide a start path and pattern, which will be used by the WinXP file dialog that pops up when I click the browse button. Is there any way that I can also specify the view that I want for the file dialog (i.e. list, details, thumbnail, etc.)? I realize that I can write my own file dialog, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Gary

I am using LV7.1 and have a question about the browse button on a path control.

I can provide a start path and pattern, which will be used by the WinXP file dialog that pops up when I click the browse button. Is there any way that I can also specify the view that I want for the file dialog (i.e. list, details, thumbnail, etc.)? I realize that I can write my own file dialog, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Gary

No, you don't get that level of control in the standard LV file dialog.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm using native file dialogs, so this is the Windows file dialog, not the LV one.

I should have been more specific too. When you use the browse button to the right of a path control, or when you use the File Dialog VI in the File I/O subpallette you don't get the options you are looking for.

Those options are obviously avaliable, in the windows API, but you'll have to find those API calls with thier options and write your own code to call it.

Sorry.