parallel timer

i would like to have an elapsed time feature in my program, but i want it to update every 10-100 milliseconds. i need it to run in parallel with a variable wait (not after the wait is executed, because then the timer would update variably and probably less frequently dependant on the wait time). i have tried queueing, but i cannot get it to work. i think it has something to do with the enqueueing/dequeuing speed matching the wait time, correct me if i am wrong? i dont have a very strong knowledge of queueing, so this is a problem for me. so what method/structure would i have to use in order to do this?

thanks in advance

Oh sorry about not posting code previously; I have attached an example now. It is without the queue structures so I can get fresh advice on how to run the timer and wait methods in parallel.

EDIT: It is probable that I will have to undergo data acqusition in parallel of these two things as well. I have read somewhere that if dll libraries are used for DAQ (or anything), then they are automatically run in parallel. Is this true? If not, I would have to have another parallel loop for data aquisition, right? I want the data from, say, a digital thermometer of sorts, to update every 100ms or so.

Many thanks

Download File:post-2608-1144346718.vi

Is this what you're trying to do?

Hah, thanks for that addition, but I already know how wait per multiple of 10 ms (forgot to include it in my post). The problem I had was running the loops in parallel, but now that I ran the example for the first time on my computer, I realized that it runs perfectly in parallel if two different loops are used (DUH! I'm a moron...). Previously, I was trying to run the timer and the wait in the same loop in a different test program I made, so LabVIEW would not run it in parallel. I guess I automatically assumed that the same action would of occured using two separate loops. Thanks though, for I wouldn't of realized that LabVIEW automatically runs separate loops on the same frame in parallel unless I used the two loops in an example to post for help.

stupid mistake, huh? :wacko:

again, thanks everyone for the help :thumbup: