how to change the image format

where is the question ?

That's just what I was going to ask... So you want to convert an image from 3 colours to 256 colours? Do you want to do this in LabVIEW or are you just asking if any of us have used any software to acheive this? Please post a copy of this image so we can better help you...

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at the eval version of NI Vision Assistant and from what I can tell is that you need to use "IMAQ ExtractColorPlanes". This will give you three images to work with. One for each red, green and blue. You can analyize each image seperatly or recombine them to one image with an operator (add for example).

The eval of vision assistant shows an option for the "Extract color planes" that give the "value plane". Since I only have the eval version I cannot create the labview vi to see the code it would create, but I assume that it does an addition of the three images producted by the extract color planes vi to get one image of just grayscale.

I have a RGB image which has a format 720*576*3,I want to change it to 256 gray image

here is my programme ,but it not the same as I save by Windows .

where is the question ?