How to set for the installer to realize skip administrator privileges at LV7.1

Hello all,

Do you know how to skip administrator's privileges fori nstaller created LV7.1 ? when I start to install, System will querie me to provide an administrator's privileges, Please help to see enclosed, and I found the installer created at LV7.0, it is no need administrator's privileges. can some setting to skip this privileges with LV7.1, or Can LV8.0 do this? I cann't find ? thanks a lot .

post-4703-1145254021.jpg?width=400

If your installer works, depends on what your privileges (of your user-account) are and what you want to install.

- "Installing" an app (with user privileges) by just copying some files to a repository will work most probably.

- Installing the runtime engine won't work, since the installer has to write some registry keys into a section you don't have write access (HKLM) as simple user.

Skipping privileges that are system-wide from inside an app is not possible. Newer Installer allow to check privileges and on install time pop up a box allowing to select a different account, but this would mean that you have to build your installer by yourself (with e.g. InstallShield).

The only workaround I see, is to log in as administrator (if you work in a "big" company you'll most probably have to ask your computer-admin to do the job).

Didier

If your installer works, depends on what your privileges (of your user-account) are and what you want to install.

- "Installing" an app (with user privileges) by just copying some files to a repository will work most probably.

- Installing the runtime engine won't work, since the installer has to write some registry keys into a section you don't have write access (HKLM) as simple user.

Skipping privileges that are system-wide from inside an app is not possible. Newer Installer allow to check privileges and on install time pop up a box allowing to select a different account, but this would mean that you have to build your installer by yourself (with e.g. InstallShield).

The only workaround I see, is to log in as administrator (if you work in a "big" company you'll most probably have to ask your computer-admin to do the job).

Didier

Thanks didierj, it seems that I have to call administrator for this installation help.